Friday, March 30, 2012

Rachs Pasta Muffins

I always wait till the last minute to make dinner. That's because I don't know what I want that day. And I have a lot in my stock pile so I have a lot to chose from. I plan out meals during the week to go shopping but sometimes it takes me a week and a half to actually use that recipe. Tonight i asked my son what he wanted, we can always count oh him eating Angel Hair Pasta  with butter and Parmesan cheese with some carrots and fruit. I think he has become a vegetarian. For the past month he has not wanted to eat any meat what so ever. Back to the point of this entry. I am getting bored with everything I make, I feel like I eat the same thing all the time, but to night I wanted to make something different. I only used what I had on hand today...
I pulled this out of my fridge and pantry
What I had on hand were basic essentials that probably you have in your kitchen now. I was thinking "hrm... What can i make with Noodles, Pasta sauce, Brats, Cheese, and Grands Biscuits? Here is what I did...
Whisked My egg 

Add Pasta Sauce



Added Cheese
Kinda Looks like Jiffy
Cut my grands in 1/2

Placed Grands in Tins. Then Cooked Pasta On top

Add Your Pasta Sauce Creation. And Place Brats on Top

YUMMMY!!




It looks weird but it is actually good! It took 1 1/2 to fill me up! 




Rach's Pasta Muffins Break Down:
Grands- $.80 for 1 container(using coupons). I used 3 and cut them in 1/2  There are 8 in a package. That brings the price down to $.30
Pizza Sauce: $1.00 for a 24 oz jar. I used 4 oz brings my price to $.16
Noodles: $1.00 I used about $.15 worth
Brats: There are 6 brats in a package. I got the 6 for $1.65 (using coupons) 1.65/6=$.27 

Lets add this together: Dinner tonight cost me...

   .30+.16+.15+.27=  A whopping $.88!! For 6 servings! That is $.14 PER MUFFIN!!!!  Ill take it!



2 comments:

  1. WOW, Thanks for the recipe!!! I made them tonight and they were AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You could also use hot dogs, ham burger, bacon, basically any meat you want! As well as any pasta! x0x Rachael

    ReplyDelete