Thursday, April 19, 2012

Make Jiffy Corn Bread Mix $.30

Since I have done cookies and brownies pre made mixes, I thought it would be great to do one on Jiffy. I don't know if you noticed but I did, and the price of Jiffy has gone up a lot! I remember it being $.25 it is now in my stores any were from $.60 up to a $1.00! And I am not willing to pay that anymore. They don't really have coupons for Jiffy, just the "deals" the store is having. So Lets make it our self's shall we?

What your going to need: (Recipe from Food.com)
2/3 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
3 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt

Get the quart size bags. Write on them"


Bake 400F  15-20 minutes
Add 1 egg
1/3 cup milk
2 tb veg oil

Add your ingredients. Shake it up and there ya go!

You can make your corn bread mix from anywhere to $.25 - $.35 - Way cheaper than anything I have found on the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment