Thursday, April 12, 2012

Make Stamps

I grew up recycling. My grandma did it and when i was a kid we always had our red bin out a the road. When we moved up to the country, i soon realized that they don't recycle. Everyone threw everything out.. Not only did this make me up set because i was thinking out about my grandchildren, what type of world will it be if everyone threw everything out knowing it would be there 2 million years later...Our country would turn into the movies WALL-E or Idiocracy But it had also made me think of more ways to spend money one it once. And reuse it 20 times, Thus completely getting my money back 
I had it all worked out that when i went down to my parents, an hour away, i would put all my stuff in their recycling bin. LOL Luckily! My grandma did some searching and found out that my city has a program that i just bring all my things and throw them in a big recycling container that they haled away once was full. I LOVE THIS! This is were i go to get all of my empty laundry detergent containers.
There are so many things in this world that we all use day to day that do not have to be thrown away. I here are some fun and creative new ways to use the empty containers for anything under the sun! Here are some ideas for you and your family!


Make it Yourself Stamps!

I have been saving almost all of my lids/caps from milk containers, juice containers, and many more for about 3 weeks. I had more but in all honestly i don't need that many stamps yet.
I went to Target and went to the $1 bin sale and they had foam stickers. I stuck them onto my cap. They come with many different kids. Stick them on an ink pad and then on some paper. Its a great thing for kids to play with! Each one probably cost me about $.03-$.05 since there are so many that are in the foam stickers.


Have fun and enjoy!
Use washable finger paints with the kids, this way you can wash your stamps off and reuse them! 


The Make it Yourself Break Down:
i got 50 sticker foam cut outs for $1.00 at target

$.02 (censt) per foam sticker

I used 4 = so my project to make my own stamps was a whopping $.08!
You can get many different kinds of foam stickers. Price also varies. from $1.00 to $5.00 for packages.

Note: I have no affiliation with any TM names, stores or websites listed above.


No comments:

Post a Comment