Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Powdered Laundry Detergent

This is amazing. I have been searching around for NEW Laundry Detergent recipes.. I stumbled onto this pretty cool website, Being Creative. I really Loved my other one but this has trumped any and all laundry detergents I have ever used!

It smells amazing! WORKS AMAZING! My cloths are coming out cleaner and softer.
It is a powdered laundry detergent but that just means its EASIER! Im sticking to this and not going back to liquid. No more Melting down my soap and keeping it in my 5 gallon bucket. Powdered laundry detergent all the way!

So lets start with whats in it...


1 - 4lb box Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
1 - 3lb box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
1 - 4lb Box 20 mule Team Borax
2 small oxy clean OR 1/2 a container big bucket (optional)
3 bars fels-Naptha or 3 bars Ivory

For 5-7 months your Laundry Soap will Cost you Less than $15.00

Grate your Soap Bars.


It was pretty easy to mix it all together. Open every box and put it in a container. Add the grated soap. And mix it with a spoon, then put it into my container. and mixed it again.

I went to Wal-Mart and i got this cool container. It was about $5.00 (one time buy) -- Not to shabby- I used the scooper from my Oxy Clean Bucket .
-This detergent is safe for HE washers!
-This detergent is safe to use on sensitive skin/babies/children. (my husband, son and I all have allergies to detergents, we have not had ONE Problem with this! We can not use, cheer, gain, or tide due to itching and rashes)
-It does not have a strong scent, but it is very clean/fresh smelling! You can add laundry crystals to the batch to add fragrance.
-Some of my followers have used other bar soap instead of Zote or Fels-Naptha or Ivory
-Use 1 Tablespoons(TBSP) per load.
-This is fully effective for cloth diapers because it contains baking soda which affects how the diaper is able to soak up liquid. Remove the baking soda, your good to go!
- Great for towels! Leaves them soft with out using fabric softener!
-I am not sure if this detergent is safe for a septic tank or not, you may have to research it and do what you feel comfortable with.

DID YOU KNOW?
Companies add chemicals to your store/name brand detergents to make them "SUD." Just because something suds does not mean it cleans! The HE detergents they make that are "so good for your washer machine" is just the same detergent with the chemical taken out! So we are paying them to TAKE OUT chemicals they originally put in to SUD! This is just crazy to me. YES! It is good for your washer, but not good for your wallet. Just remember something I learned from a friend.

CLEAN SMELLS LIKE NOTHING!

Also, come to find out this is the SAME Exact (minus the oxy clean) Detergent my grandmother used as a kid in the 1940's! She said she rememberd making this as a kid and shes glad its making a come back! Great for the enviornment, great for fabrics, and great for your wallet!

UPDATE: It is now January 22, 2013. This batch of laundry detergent has lasted me 5 months with some left over, I was scared I was getting low so I made more two days ago. It probably would have lasted me another month. We used to go through one 150oz All 2x ultra free and clear every month! In one year that would cost me $144.00. This powdered detergent lasted me 5 months! Putting my savings on HE Kid freindly Detergent at (Walmart) All 2X Ultra Free Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent, 150 oz, $11.97 (96 loads) or Dreft, 100 fl oz, $15.97.(64 Loads) I have saved my family any where from  $114.00- $150.00 Thats AMAZING! Just on laundry detergent? How awesome is that?

Need a cool quick gift for a new mom or a house warming gift??
Pick up for Quart Size Ball Jars and put your laundry detergent in your jar. Make a cute label. Even add ribbon or fabric. Its an amazing GIFT & maybe even great to sell!



If using IVORY soap try not to GRATE it! Here is a Fun way of Making your laundry detergent and having a science experiment for your kids at the same time! Its easier and fun! Make it a family thing! http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/soap-souffle

No comments:

Post a Comment